The Information Services organization at Wawanesa Insurance provides value to our customers by contributing to the goals of the business through leadership in the development and effective delivery of information technology services.
We continue to initiate strategic projects that will enable our business community to achieve their goals. As a result of these initiatives, we are growing our team! Consider these exciting, challenging Winnipeg based opportunity:
APPLICATION DEVELOPER – JAVA
As part of the Application Services Team, the Application Developer’s role is to analyze, code, and test applications targeted for browsers and other devices to meet the needs of business requirements.
The Application Developer will be responsible for developing applications following Java EE and other standards. Additional responsibilities include supporting applications in production and providing input to project planning and status reporting.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree/certificate from a computer science program of a recognized university or college or the equivalent in experience and education.
- Minimum three years developing Java web applications, with a solid understanding of coding and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and the structured query language (SQL).
- Experience developing with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JSF, and Struts would be an asset.
- Experience developing with .Net and Visual Basic would be an asset.
- Excellent skills related to problem resolution and system debugging.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a fluctuating workload with limited supervision.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in these exciting, challenging positions with Wawanesa,
please submit your résumé and cover letter at www.wawanesa.com by Wednesday, December 18, 2013.