Achieve Better Balance at Westminster Savings
Westminster Savings is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers. We’ve created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our customers and our communities. And our employees tell us that they are proud to share our values of caring, integrity, teamwork, innovation and passion for excellence.
You want more than a job - you want the opportunity to grow your career.
The Mobile Mortgage Specialist is responsible for developing the local mortgage market and seeking new customers outside the branch retail network. The Mobile Mortgage Specialist will work to develop and maintain strategic business relationships within an assigned territory; promote and maximize the development and growth of the credit union’s residential mortgage business and provide appropriate mortgage solutions designed to satisfy the customer’s long-term goals.
We are currently recruiting for the Surrey/Langley territory.
Reporting to the Manager, Mortgage Development, the Mobile Mortgage Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks including:
• Developing local business opportunities and seeking out new customers within assigned territory
• Soliciting residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers
• Achieving mortgage sales goals and targets and contributing to continued success
• Meeting with clients at their convenience to determine the most appropriate mortgage and credit insurance solution
• Interviewing clients and completing credit application including verifying all supporting documentation
• Promoting the credit union’s full banking capability, including retail banking and investment products, financial planning, leasing and commercial services
• Generating opportunities for cross sell and referrals to appropriate credit union experts
• Monitoring trends and developments in the local real estate market
• Presenting seminars to general public and real estate agents to promote business and community outreach
Your skills and experience:
• Minimum 3 years proven sales success in the financial and/or real estate industry
• Post-secondary diploma in commerce or business administration
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong negotiation skills and proven success in establishing and maintaining community networks
• Proven success developing business in an external sales role
• Strong knowledge of mortgage financing options
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage time and work independently
• Demonstrated sound judgement, integrity, and ability to make sound decisions
To provide the successful Mobile Mortgage Specialist candidate a sense of financial security there is a temporary base salary. In addition there is a guaranteed draw on commissions for the first six months, which can be extended for 6 additional months subject to a performance review.
The assigned territory will be Surrey/Langley. This position will require you to travel within the assigned territory and work outside of regular branch hours, which will include evenings and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We can offer you an organization that:
• Values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others.
• Believes in providing world class service in our local setting.
• Is financially-stable and growing.
• Delivers an employee focused culture that provides extensive training and learning opportunities.
• Is one of Canada’s Top 50 Employers
• Offers a competitive total rewards package that includes flexible health and dental benefits, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, a Defined Pension Plan and a fair compensation structure.
Today we are poised for growth. We’d like to invite you to come and talk about working in a place where you can make a difference.